Osteopathy is a gentle, hands-on approach to treating a wide range of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction.
Our osteopathy clinic in Camberwell helps people of all ages who suffer from pain and discomfort associated with the body’s structure and function. From back, knee or hip pain to injury associated with sport or work. Osteopathic treatment aims to improve your body’s movement and mobility and get you back to optimal health.
What are the benefits of osteopathy?
The focus of osteopathic treatment is to get to the root cause of your symptoms. After treatment you’re likely to experience a reduction in symptomatic pain and discomfort. This can have a remarkable effect on other aspects of your health and lifestyle. Alleviating pain and discomfort can lead to:
- Improved body function, flexibility, and mobility.
- A more restful, deeper sleeping pattern not interrupted by pain.
- An increase in your energy levels to help you function more adequately with home, work and leisure activities.
- A reduction in stress levels and muscle tension.
- A positive effect on your mood, memory and mental health.
- A general improvement to your overall health and sense of wellness.
Osteopathy – a holistic approach
Osteopaths take a holistic approach to treating the whole body including joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. This whole body approach is what distinguishes osteopathy from other disciplines. Osteopaths understand the interconnected nature of the human body and aim to treat the cause of your condition. This approach extends the benefits of osteopathic treatment beyond initial symptom relief and helps to prevent or reduce recurring conditions. Osteopathy is known to positively affect the circulatory, nervous and lymphatic systems. While treatment outcomes do vary, people often experience noticeable improvement to their movement, mobility, and overall health and well-being.
At Geoffrey Fong Osteopathic Services, we use a range of gentle, hands on techniques aimed at restoring your muscle function and improving joint movement and flexibility. Our techniques include:
- Soft tissue stretching and cross fibre/longitudinal massage therapy
- Sustained trigger point pressure
- Gentle joint manipulation
- Mobilisation techniques
- Muscle Energy techniques (MET)
- Biodynamic Craniosacral therapy
- Lymphatic drainage techniques